The NBA supports our fans, families and communities by promoting healthy minds and bodies and increasing awareness around emotional well-being. A key to emotional well-being is learning all you can about how to take care of yourself, your teammates and those in your community. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- A commitment to being healthy in body and mind can support your mental wellness
- A healthy lifestyle can improve emotional health, mood and overall well-being
- A few relatively simple changes like sleeping well, staying active, and eating healthy foods can help improve your state of mind and help you feel better overall
- Managing stress can help prevent difficulties before they start.
- Give yourself a break
- Try relaxation or meditation
- Spend time with friends or family
- Being a great teammate and letting those around you know that you care can make a huge difference in someone else’s life.
- Educate yourself so you know when and how to help others & take excellent care of yourself so you can show up fully for those around you
Content provided in partnership with Messina Leadership Advising, The Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds, and JED Foundation.